Outside of our weekly programme we encourage members to suggest and arrange activities that others in the club might enjoy, and these are often arranged on an ad hoc basis.
In addition, we organise some weekend workshops that focus on a specific topic or pull together study groups.
Some of these may incur costs in addition to the annual subscriptions.
The following are already planned for the 2017 to 2018 season:
- 13th July 2017 Landscape and Special Interest Group
- Landscape and Special Interest Group at Tring Park. Contact for details Chris Gregory.
- 15th October 2017 Sunday Fungus Foray @ Dancers End
- Sunday afternoon fungus foray, with cameras, at Dancers End Nature Reserve, Tring. Your hosts for the afternoon are Mick Jones (warden of the reserve), Nick Bowles & Peter Cox. Mick will guide us to the best spots and share his considerable knowledge. Peter will be working with Mick overnight, the previous night, to catch some of the fascinating examples of moths to be found in this site (the location is home to the largest number of moth species in UK). Peter’s wife will be providing a cream tea. Cost will be £10 per head – all money will go to the Nature Reserve funds. Space are limited - to book please send an email to Peter Cox.
- 19th November 2017 Sunday at Ashridge
- Head for Ashridge today for "Trees, Leaves, Fungi and more". Meet 09.00 hrs at the car park by Bridgewater Monument, Ashridge. The Brownlow cafe should also be open from 08.00 hrs for a coffee and bacon sandwich!
- January/February Studio Shoot
- More details to follow
- 11th March 2018 Weekend Event
- Sunday afternoon out & about with cameras ~ venue TBA
- 26th April 2018 Out & About
- Out & About with cameras in Tring Park followed by coffee at Baptist Hall. Meet from 19.15 hrs at foot of pedestrian bridge in Tring Park (near to Museum)
- 13th May 2018 Weekend Event
- Sunday afternoon ramble with cameras ending up at a venue serving cream teas!. Venue TBA